If you’re in the mood for a steak this craving is going to determine the restaurant you choose. The same is true if you are shopping for shoes, the store you end up at is going to be one that can meet your needs. At the end of the day you are going to choose a company, business or location for several reasons; but the most important reasons will be that they can meet your needs and they can do it better than someone else doing or selling the same thing. This couldn’t be truer for foundation repair.
If you discover that your home has foundation damage choosing the right foundation repair company is a critically important decision. Here are several things to consider before you hire a company.
- Employees: Many companies subcontract workers to complete jobs. This is a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, this means you will likely have someone with little to no foundation experience working on your home. Ideally you will want to have company that has full time employees with plenty of experience.
- Franchises: Large foundation repair companies will sell franchises to local owners. The problem with this set up is that the owners are trained at a corporate location on methods and in conditions that don’t match the unique soil and challenges we have in south Louisiana.
- Method: Again, depending on the type of company you hire, they may not have the skills or resources to adequately repair your foundation. The only effective method in our clay-laden, expansive soil is the drilled pier method. Many companies use different methods that work well in other parts of the country, but not here.
- Quote: Just because a quote is low doesn’t mean it is the best. Unfortunately some companies will offer low estimates to win a job, but this means they will only be doing part of the work that is necessary. So instead of have a complete repair, only part of the foundation is repaired, meaning you’ll have more issues in the future, and will likely end up paying much more in the long run.
- Licensing & Insurance: This is very important. Whenever you have someone working on your home you need to ensure that they are licensed with the Louisiana State Board of Contractors and carry insurance.
These are only a handful of key elements to consider when you hire a foundation repair company. A trusted, local and knowledgeable company should be able to answer all of these questions and many more for any homeowner.
For over 30 years WCK Foundation Repair has been a family owned and operated company that proudly has a staff of full time foundation repair experts. . WCK also exclusively uses the drilled pier method, and stands behind all of their work with a fully transferrable lifetime warranty. Their Louisiana license number #47199, they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List Super Service Award winners and a Capital Region Builder’s Association member. When it comes to your home’s value and safety, trust the company and people that understand the science and nature of foundation problems and care for the communities they help.